Every three years ‘caregivers’, ie: parents or guardians of children attending the school, elect five representatives. Additional to these five elected members who make up the Board of Trustees, are the Principal, an elected Staff Representative and up to four other co-opted members who may be appointed by the Board of Trustees for set periods of time. The current BOT was elected in September 2022.
- prioritising academic achievement through excellence in teaching and learning,
- ensuring the health, safety, and wellbeing of all at the school,
- our unwavering commitment towards celebrating diversity and practicing inclusion,
- effective and prudent financial oversight and care for our assets,
- our approach to community and whānau engagement, and
- how we bring our Te Tiriti obligations to life.
Full Board meetings are held monthly and are open for attendance. Sub-committee meetings are held at regular intervals. BOT meeting dates are found in the school calendar.
The Board endeavours to consult with the school community as much as practicable on various issues and this consultation is via the Community Relations Committee and the PTA with information being passed on to caregivers either through individual correspondence, the fortnightly newsletter or special school notices/forums/meetings.
All enquiries and correspondence for discussion at a meeting should be addressed to The Board Chair, 193 Green Lane West, Greenlane, and sent to the BOT Secretary by email: email@example.com. Alternatively dropped off in an envelope addressed to the BOT Chair, at the school office.
The current Board of Trustees are: