2022 SCHOOL DONATION Dear Parents, caregivers and extended whānau, Paying your school donation helps…
Dear Parents and Caregivers,
At the end of 2019, the Government announced the ‘School Infrastructure Package’ (SIP) which saw each school being granted a sum of money for enhancements to school property and infrastructure. At the same time, the Ministry of Education released a clear set of rules limiting how and where this money could be spent.
The Board and School agreed to use this grant to carry out work that we would not normally be able to do due to the usual criteria applied to school works. Specifically:
- install artificial turf on one of the courts by the pool to better serve year-round sports and wellbeing programmes
- replace the fencing along Wheturangi Road to provide better security and safety for the children
- refurbish one toilet area by Room 2 into gender neutral facilities to support inclusion for all at the school
- refurbish the school administration area to provide more meeting/release spaces for
- provide a new dedicated toilet facility for public use
Sadly, some of the amazing projects outlined in the School’s property vision could not be carried out using this government grant, due to them falling outside of the rules for how the money could be spent – including school-wide toilet upgrades and enhancements to the hall. We’ll continue to explore how best to fund these projects, as we recognise that they are both important to the community and becoming increasingly necessary.
Work on these projects is due to start due in the upcoming school holidays and is expected to take approximately 7 weeks. During this time some areas will be blocked off. The Admin staff and the Associate Principals will be based in Room 18, along with the sickbay and Janine will be in an office between the library and staffroom.
Room 18 will be reallocated to Room 30 during next week, and we will notify parents in Room 1 and 2 if a shift is required for the period the toilet work is undertaken
We appreciate your cooperation during this time and we look forward to these facilities being completed.