The CPDS 2021 Centennial Year Has Begun Last week was an exciting start to our…
Just a bit of housekeeping regarding some very important areas of our school.
- I would like to thank all our school family members who help us out by doing the right thing everyday, like parking in the correct place, staying in your car if you are parked behind someone else who may need to move, following the directions of staff and being patient. At the end of the day all we want is to ensure these areas are safe for our children.
- A reminder that our staff carpark (off Wheturangi Rd) has restricted access to ensure children are safe in this area of our school and this is extremely important this term, as our last New Entrant class has started in Room 30. For this reason we do change the barrier code regularly.
- Please cross Wheturangi Rd at the crossing as children look to us as adults to be role models and again the reason for the crossing is to keep all our children safe.
- It is illegal obviously to park on yellow lines and this applies outside our school. Please do not park in driveways as this can also incur a fine.
- Thank you again to all our parents who leave their dogs outside the school grounds. This is a Council bylaw (please refer: Auckland Council Policy on Dogs 2012), not just a school rule and it does apply to dogs being carried, so if you forget and are asked to remove your dog please do not take offence at this rule that applies to us all. The only exception to this rule is guide dogs (including those being trained). We do make special exceptions at times for dogs to come along during schooltime when it is relevant to what children are learning in class.