Please click the link above to access Scholastic's latest brochure. All orders will be delivered…
This year in term 3 and 4, we are delighted to offer the students some outstanding activities in Outdoor Education. In lieu of camp, for ‘EOTC’ (Education Outside the Classroom) we have two major events planned for Terms 3 and 4 this year.
- Term 3 – White Water Rafting
- Term 4 – Snow Planet (more information to follow)
White Water Rafting
- To familiarise students with moving water and how to be river safe – a combination of theory and practical skills
- Whitewater rafting on the Tamariki River with a guide
This programme is designed to teach students to:
- Work as a team
- Identify basic river features
- List essential river safety equipment
- Identify potentially dangerous waters
- Navigate grade 2 water in a raft as part of a team
Please access your Kindo account to pay the $45.00 contribution. We are aware that payment can not be enforced, however, please appreciate that the trip is dependent on contributions being received. Therefore, we will decide on 31st August 2021, as to whether the trip can proceed or not. If cancelled, contributions will be refunded or held over until the next activity.
Dates for the year 5 and 6 classes are as follows:
Wednesday 22nd September Rooms 6, 17, 28
Thursday 23rd September Rooms 18, 23, 20
Students will need to be at school by 8.30am on the day and will travel by bus to and form the venue.
- Packed lunch
- Swimming togs and towel
- (Wetsuit boots provided by Vector Wero)
PLEASE NOTE: Before your child can participate in the activities at Vector Wero, could you please complete the following forms. These must be signed off by parent/guardian AND each child must sign the form.
- Vector Wero Parental Consent form. Click here to print off this form, fill it in then return it to school with your child.
- Vector Wero Information & Acknowledgement Form . Click here to print off this form, fill it in then return it to school with your child. (Intended Activities are: Tamariki Rafting & Flatwater Kyak)
Vector Wero does require adults to support in a supervisory role. If you would like to offer to be a parent helper, please email your child’s class teacher. (Sorry, preschoolers cannot attend.)