As we approach Term 3, I have a few staff updates to make. Recently the…
I would like to celebrate the outstanding efforts of some special children who have competed in two completely different domains recently.
Year 6 Speeches
These took place last week, with the winners from each class competing to win the overall Speech title for 2021.
3rd Place: Ruby C. – ‘Wisdom’
2nd Place: Lawrence C – ‘How sport can make us wise’
Winner: Lauren C – ‘Thinking Critically: The Importance of Listening to the Facts’
Lauren then went on to represent our school at the Speech Zones on Friday last week. Even though she did not place at this very tough competition, we are very proud of her for being such a wonderful competitor. We look forward to Lauren speaking at our Flag Day at the end of the year. A thank you to Jane Austen who accompanied Lauren to the zones to support her.
The EPro8 Challenge is an engineering and problem solving competition. Every year over 10,000 students from 800 schools from throughout New Zealand take part.This year CPDS entered 4 teams for this competition.Teams compete to:
- build large sized structures
- solve practical problems
- engineer using pulleys, motors, gears, wheels and axles
- invent simple machines
- undertake fun experiments
- construct electronic circuits
- solve practical maths problemsThree of our teams have advanced to the semi finals.Congratulations to these teams.Shooting Stars – Claire B. (Rm 27) , Lily S.(Rm 15), Isla K.(Rm 20) , Summer L. ( Rm 15).All Stars – Mary L. (Rm 21) , Sophie L. (Rm 17), Paige V.D. ( Rm 21), Avani D.( Rm 15)Lord of the Corn. – Otis E. ( Rm 15), Oscar G. (Rm 15), Zanlin S. ( Rm 28), Samuel C. ( Rm 15)
Thank you to Dev Singh for coordinating and supporting the ePRO8 children, this year.
We are very proud of all the children who put themselves out there, to compete against others, and maximise opportunities available to them. Well done to all of the children listed in the post; we are proud of you.