The CPDS Friends and Family group are holding a quiz night on Saturday 21 August…
10 – 14 September
Book Week is a very special event on our school calendar when we place a huge focus on promoting, supporting and celebrating books and reading.
During Book Week, the Library will transform into a Book Fair. Parents, grandparents and children are welcome to visit the library and purchase books to take home, or as a much appreciated donation to the library. The library will benefit from your support of the book fair by earning a commission, which we will use to update resources in our collection.
How Parents Can Get Involved:
- Come and shop for books at the Scholastic Book Fair 8.15 – 4pm Monday to Friday
- Bring your children along to the Pyjama Storytelling Night 6 -7 pm Tuesday. The Library will be open 5.30 – 7.30pm.
- Better still – volunteer to read in one of the rooms! Books and a theme can be provided. We just need enthusiastic readers – please register here.
- Ask your children to invite their Grandparents to school to share a story or favourite books on Tuesday at 10am, followed by a shared morning tea.
- Help your child select a book and dress up as a character from that book for the parade on Friday morning. Parents are welcome to watch all the children as they parade down to the Hall and around the courts.
- If you are able to help sell books before or after school please register your details here
Please contact Nicki in the Library if you have any questions. Thank you in advance for your support and enthusiasm.
You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.