As the end of year draws to a close, I want to update you regarding…
The Leopard reading group investigated the “bug” that we found in our classroom.
With help from the people who commented on our blog post and the research that they did, they discovered that it is a…
We found out that the picture on the blog was exactly the same as the pictures on all the different websites we looked at.
Here is some interesting facts we found about the House Centipede:
- House centipedes feed on spiders, bed bugs, termites, cockroaches, silverfish, ants and other household arthropods*.
- Their antennae are sensitive to both smells and tactile information.
- House centipedes lay their eggs in spring.
- House centipedes have Up to 15 pairs of long legs.
- They are a yellowish grey colour.
- House centipedes live anywhere from 3 to 7 years.
- They can bite!!!
*an invertebrate animal with an exoskeleton
Click here for an article we read.