This year in term 3 and 4, we are delighted to offer the students some…
On Monday we made delicious Honey Biscuits.
We read the book ‘Honey Biscuits’ by Meredith Hooper and loved it!
So, we decided to make our own!
Here are the steps we took to make our biscuits.
- First we measured 120 grams of the smooth yellow butter.
- Next we poured 120 grams of shiny white sugar.
- Then we beat the two ingredients together until they were creamy.
- After that we separated one egg so we could use the golden yolk, and we added that to our mix with one big tablespoon of runny honey.
- When we mixed the golden yolk and runny honey in, we measured 180 grams of soft flour and one teaspoon of cinnamon.
- We stirred all of our ingredients together and then the fun began.
- We all had a chance to roll some of our fresh dough into small balls and then coat them in sweet cinnamon sugar.
- The biscuits baked for 12 – 15 min in the oven at 175℃ and they cooled over lunchtime.
- Lastly, we all sat in a big circle and ATE our sweet, scrumptious, delicious Honey Biscuits!!
Our biscuits gave us lots of new ideas and inspiration to use adjectives in our Writing. We loved baking in class and loved eating even more.