Parenting Place would love to extend an invitation to parents of adolescents or pre-adolescents to our upcoming “How to Talk about Puberty, Sex and Porn” event. It will be presented by Petra Bagust and Pio Terei who will share their ideas on how to best navigate these milestone conversations and guarantee plenty of laughs along the way.
If you are able to include the details in your school newsletter or email them out to parents – we have included them below for you. We’ve also attached a poster to print if you want to put it up in your school office and a web link to share.
When: Wednesday 11th May 2018
7.00pm – Doors open
7.30pm – Petra and Pio’s presentation
Where: The Parenting Place, 300 Great South Road, Greenlane, Auckland
Cost: $20 per person
Tickets are available through www.theparentingplace.com
Our ambitious dream at The Parenting Place is for Aotearoa New Zealand to be a place where every family flourishes and every child feels deeply loved. In fact, we believe that healthy, loving families can transform society.
Established in 1993 and now with 86 staff and 585 volunteers, The Parenting Place develops and delivers innovative, fun and accessible programmes nationwide, including:
- Parenting courses: Toolbox and Building Awesome Whānau – tools for the epic parenting journey (0-18 years)
- Dynamic in-school education: Attitude programme – head and heart skills for students and their whānau. The Parenting Place is the largest health curriculum provider in NZ schools.
- Intensive coaching: one-on-one parenting and relationship strategies for the twists and turns of family life, offered via phone, Skype, email or in person.
- Media and events: inspiration and advice through social and traditional media channels – TV, radio, videos, articles, magazines, and resources – plus large-scale parenting and student events.
Incredible Years Programme
The Incredible Years parenting programme was developed by Dr Carolyn Webster-Stratton in the U.S.A.
Evaluations of the programme show that it significantly improves parent-child interactions.
The programme is provided by the Ministry of Education at no cost to the participant and is facilitated by trained group leaders.
The Incredible Years parenting programme acknowledges that parenting is one of the most important jobs adults can do. The programme aims to encourage positive family relationships.
- Practical step-by-step suggestions for parents of 3 to 8 year olds, to help handle everyday family situations.
- An encouraging and supportive learning environment.
- Strategies to help parents manage challenging behaviours.
Venue: St Chads Community Centre
38 St Johns Road, Meadowbank.
May 4th, 11th 18th 25th
Time: 9-30 am-11.30 am.
Free crèche available.